Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Belk #FitFest Review!

     “I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere has provided me with compensation for this post. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.“
Welcome to my Belk #FitFest Review!
Men's UnderArmour on display. 


     Last weekend through Everywhere Society, I was invited to attend Belk's  Fitfest at the Riverchase Galleria in Birmingham, Alabama. This was a really cool Fitness event located in the middle of the Women's Dept in Belk. Vendors were on hand to answer questions about fitness and healthy lifestyles. And boy oh boy did I have questions!

     Over the last few months, I 've been taking a ton of classes at my gym so I had tons of questions about Fitness. I was also able to sample some healthy snacks and smoothies, get a free hand massage, and even learned about Piyo, Bootcamp and Crossfit Classes!
Thank you for all of the healthy and yummy snacks!

Keihl's on hand with free hand massages.
Cuisinart Smoothie Demos. 

     When I first arrived, the guys from Irontribe Fitness were there to greet me. I've seen these guys in action before so needless to say, I was a little worried when they challenged me to a one-minute workout. But I thought....one minute?? Sure. Why not??

     Well let me just tell you that their idea of a one minute workout and my idea of a one-minute workout are two different things. I got on the rowing machine and did as many rowing exercises as I could in 30 seconds and then did as many squats as I could in 30 secs. I won't give my final score but I think I did pretty good. Well...let's just say, I broke a complete sweat in one minute in the middle of the mall. Not bad for a 42 year old Mama!
I really need to work on my speed rowing skills. 


A little bit about Irontribe:
Located in more than 60 locations, Irontribe Fitness is headquartered in Birmingham, Al. and this business has exploded onto the Fitness Scene!!  Here are 3 fun facts about Irontribe Fitness.


Fun — It’s more than a workout. You get fit in a group, with new exercises to challenge you, and new friends to cheer you on. You can call it a community. We call it the Tribe. Our member athletes don’t have to be here — they want to be here!
Fast — Our program is designed for busy people. That’s why you’ll find some of the most successful people in town here. Get in, get fit, and get done in about 45 minutes.
Fitness — Iron Tribe combines body movements, personal coaching, and healthy nutrition, in a safe, supportive program. For male and female athletes, ages 6-73 (so far). Our members lose weight, gain strength, sleep better, enjoy more energy, and experience a total life change.

So....I loved the one-minute challenge so much that I decided to go for a 2-minute Challenge! This is where the rubber met the road. I did rapid kettlebell swings, more rowing exercises and even more squats! Talk about a sore booty the next day. Yikes!!
KettleBell Swings with the Irontribe Crew!
     I met the ever so sweet Christa Richardson AKA the most awesome Piyo Instructor EVER!! She teaches in at Convivial Health in Northport Alabama so if you are looking for a Piyo Instructor there, she is the BEST!
Getting a lesson in Piyo from Christa Richardson!

     Next up the guys from Xtreme Fitness Birmingham were on hand to give me a few lessons in hardcore working out! I tried out a series of exercises....Burpees, Ball Slams and Shaking the heavy ropes. I would NEVER in a million years thought that would be a hard workout but WOW was I wrong!! Those ropes kicked my butt!
Burpees and Ball Slapms!


A little bit about Xtreme Fitness Birmingham:


Xtreme Fitness, LLC  is committed to providing safe and effective exercise programs that will enable yo to  see real results in the shortest amount of time possible. Our goal is to motivate, educate, and inspire people to reach optimal levels of performance and balance in life. Our expert and passionate team of trainers are driven to transform lives by empowering people to reach their full potential. Our comprehensive approach includes personal training, athletic conditioning, life success coaching, on-going support, motivation and accountability.

We provide clients complete body transformation specializing in

Weight loss
Gaining Strength
Toning
Improving their zest for living
Improving Energy
 Overall health
Increase metabolism
 Accountability
Motivation
Program Design
Flexibility
Sports Performance
Xtreme Results!!!



Oh my gosh! The ropes are tough!! What a great workout!
     What a great way to spend the day! I really enjoyed attending Belk Fitfest and will definitely check in to some of the gyms and try to take home some of the ideas and things that I learned. I like attending events like these that I can learn things on hand meet new people. 

Having a great time and learning so much at Belk's #FitFest.
     Thank you again Belk and Everywhere Society for the invitation! I can't wait to return next year!

Happy Running and see you at Belk FitFest!


No comments:

Post a Comment