Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My ContourSide Pillow by Relax The Back Review #SideSleeper

   
Stress Free Mail Day!
Welcome to my ContourSide Pillow Review by Relax The Back
  I have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately so when I was selected to review The ContourSide Pillow from Relax The Back as part of a Fitfluential Campaign, I was BEYOND excited. I've said it one million times... I just don't get enough sleep! Lack of Sleep=Stress. 

     Being a runner, I am always just pounding my joints and I know that my back and posture suffer because of it. I wouldn't say that I have back pain but I would say that I use the heck out of my foam roller. I couldn't live without trying to take care of my back in some way.  In my next life as a runner, I will be able to afford weekly massages and really take care of myself but as it is now, I just do what I can minus the massages so getting quality sleep should help. :)

Let's Talk Sleep.
      The first question that I asked myself when I received this pillow in the mail was..."How do I really sleep?"  It takes me all of about 5 minutes or less to fall asleep once I lay down. I don't really toss and turn too much and I'm definitely a side sleeper. I sleep like a log. I don't get up in the middle of the night. I'm not a snuggler. I like my space. I am a BEAR if you wake me up for no reason while I am sleeping.  My problem is not falling asleep and staying asleep, it's more the unwinding and actually shutting down my brain and getting into the bed. I'm a night owl so my brain is swirling at that time of the day.  TMI, I know but hey, we're talking sleep so there ya have it.

     I checked the website and figured out that I was going to order the ContourSide Pillow in a size Large. It stated that the Large was for people who are 5'10" and taller with broad shoulders. I'm definitely not a tiny mite and am about 5'8" so I figured that was close enough and I ordered it.  Plus....my hubby is 6ft tall so I thought he may like to try out my new pillow.....maybe. Most likely I will not let him near it. Sorry hubby but you know that it's true. ;)

     When it arrived in the mail, it was HUGE! I had no idea just how flat my pillows at home are now until I tried this one out. The dimensions are 24"x12"x5". That's 5" deep. It has a cradle in the center so my head just kinda sinks down into it while providing great support. I had no back pain for sure when I woke up the next morning. Here's to great nights of sleep ahead!


     I slept on it last night and the one thing that I realized is that I don't just sleep on a pillow, I actually turn the pillow kind of sideways and use the whole thing to wrap up on. I'm pretty sure that I sleep with my mouth open when I'm really tired and I dream ridiculously. Kind of weird I know, but hey...again, we're talking sleep and we've all got our quirks. So mine is laying sideways with a pillow and dreaming!?  Definitely not the worst habits in the world!
This is me about to test out the ContourSide Pillow by Relax The Back for the first time.
It's kinda hard to take a serious "I'm about to go to sleep pic". ;)
More information on the ContourSide Pillow by Relax The Back:
More Facts on the ContourSide Pillow
The pillow’s airflow system maximizes airflow to improve breathing. Cream, cotton velour cover is removable for washing. The full facial cradle offers soothing comfort while reducing pressure on the jaw and ear and the shoulder cradle provides orthopedically correct support for the head and neck, which means proper spinal alignment, less impact from body weight on the shoulder, and improved circulation. 

Latex free pillow and cover:
-
Standard: (3", 4", and 5"): 24"x12"
-
Travel: (3" or 4"): 16"L x 12"W

Sizing Chart:
Travel: (available in Small 3" and Medium 4")
-
Small: 3" - For 5'4" and shorter.
-
Medium: 4" - For 5'5" and taller
-
Large: 5" - For 5'10" and taller with broad shoulders
-
Please allow 5-10 business days for order processing and ground shipping.

Facebook Contest:
Now for the fun part! You can WIN your own ContourSide Pillow by heading over to Relax The Back's Facebook Page and either liking or leaving a comment on the photo below. Good Luck! I would love it if one of my readers actually won their own pillow!!


**For more information on the ContourSide Pillow by Relax The Back and other great products, please visit RelaxTheBack.com or visit your local Relax The Back Store for your personal pillow fitting.

1 comment:

  1. Great article I love pillows. My friend suggest me in
    Cocoon Boutique Hotel Quezon City
    they have a soft pillow and it so relaxing. I want to share it to you guys because my friend called me a "pillowadic" because I really love pillows.

    ReplyDelete