Wednesday, November 5, 2014

CHOOSE to be BETTER not BITTER. #NoExcusesNoah

 
Hello. No caption needed.
#RESPECT
      I had the pleasure of listening to November's Cover Model of Men's Health Magazine speak last night. Meet Noah Galloway. He was voted the 2014 Men's Health Ultimate Guy. First,  let me just say....Noah is a hometown boy so I've seen him around. I'm not gonna lie and say that I haven't noticed him at a few of my local races. I'm married but geez laweez I can recognize GOD's beauty. Okay, now that all of THAT is out of the way....let's get to the rest of the post. ;)
Hanging with Mr. Cover Model. 
     Like a mentioned before, I've seen him around a few times. I stood on the field next to him at the SEC Baseball Championships this summer when he and his boy threw out the first pitch. He didn't know who I was but I knew who he was. I've heard of his story. I knew that he had kind of made it "big time" lately. He's been on all kinds of television shows, made the cover of Men's Health Magazine, he's pimping out all kinds of products and running races all over the place. You go boy!! He totally deserves it ALL and more.

     Last night he told his story. He gave his background. He told how he dealt with his problems, his battles and his victories. I loved hearing it all.

     The one thing that I REALLY loved hearing about from him was that he told the story of how after everything has been said and done. The endorsements are there. Lots of endorsements. He can pick and choose. He has hired people. He's got everything in the fitness world that he could ever want. He can run any race that he wants to. And he has. BUT.......his platform has gotten bigger.

     This is where CONFIDENCE is greater than ARROGANCE. He was not arrogant. He is confident now. He has CHOSEN to be better rather than bitter. This is the moment that I fell in love with Noah Galloway. Seriously, Don't we ALL need to choose to be better rather than bitter???

     Granted, He has had to learn this lesson in the hardest way imaginable but good grief, look at him now. He has created one of the most fabulous foundations, The #NoExcusesNoah Charity. His platform is HUGE! He makes a difference in people lives' that he may NEVER even realize that he does. He gives back. He encourages. He is ALL THAT.

     Noah receives tons of letters, emails and comments daily from people that are inspired by him and who will overcome battles because of his story.  I cannot tell you how much his story resonated within me. I want to be just like him. I want to inspire others to choose to be BETTER and not BITTER. So THANK YOU Noah Galloway. I needed to hear that last night.
Signing the November Issue
     After he spoke, I was able to chat with him. My nerdy side completely took over and I wanted to hear about all of his races. He runs those crazy Tough Mudders and hardcore challenge races. I'm a hamster runner...long distance is my thing so those races are like a foreign language to me. I could have listened to him talk running all day. He's the type that wears 50lb backpacks while he's running.  He's one of those guys that has the real superpowers to conquer anything. That superpower=Determination.  I'm the type that likes to wear cute skirts and and sport a funky pair of shorts. It's all good....I think there's room for both of our types of super powers in the world. :)

      I know that I will be making a donation to his foundation and I encourage everyone else to do the same! To read his full story, go get your copy of the November issue of Men's Health Magazine....and hurry! He told me that it will be available on the stands for only one more week!

      Now as for the hometown boy....please keep running those local races. This old lady doesn't mind the eyecandy motivation. ;)

**For more information on Noah Galloway and information on how to donate to #NoExcusesNoah, please visit NoahGalloway.com.

Happy Running and Happy Donating!


No comments:

Post a Comment