Monday, August 25, 2014

Ohana! I love my Maui Jim's!

Happiness in the form of Maui Jim Sunglasses!
I chose the Honomanu in Antique Gold/HCL Bronze

     As part of a campaign with Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon Weekend, I was given the opportunity to try out a pair of Maui Jim Sunglasses. I will be honest and tell you that I really didn't know too much about this company when I first received the news so I dug around on their website and learned a little bit about them. They seem like a super cool and friendly company with a great product! I've always dreamed of visiting Hawaii, so this got me dreaming a little...they had me at  "Ohana". :)

Via the Maui Jim Website:

HOW IT ALL BEGAN
Now the fastest growing premium polarized sunglass maker in the world, Maui Jim got its start in 1980 as a small company selling sunglasses on the beach in Lahaina, Hawaii. Seeing a need in the market for technology that could combat intense glare and harmful UV while bringing the brilliant colors of the island to life, our fledgling company engineered the revolutionary PolarizedPlus® lens. Incorporated into seven new sunglass styles, our Classic Collection was introduced. And with that, we have steadily built a cult following.

HIGH-PERFORMANCE MILESTONES
Over the years, Maui Jim has continued to offer our fans high-performance design developments. In 2004, PolarizedPlus2® technology revolutionized the sunglass market - patented, color-enhancing treatments in the form of rare earth elements were added to our lenses to really pop the colors your eye takes in.
In 2006, our new 24,000 sq ft state-of-the-art direct surfacing lab was built to ensure precision prescription optics. A year later, we introduced MauiReaders®. MauiPassport™  followed in 2008, offering prescription wearers wide views and outstanding acuity. That same year, our new MauiHT™  lens brought clarity to low-light conditions.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE VIEW
The Aloha Spirit permeates our philosophy at Maui Jim. Our "ohana" (Hawaiian for family) is passionate about creating the best sunglasses on the planet. Because at the end of the day, we want to see the world at its best - and we know that you do, too, no matter where you live. Aloha, friends!

     I chose the Honomanu style. I have wanted a pair of Aviator-style sunglasses to run in so this was a no-brainer for me. I went to the website, clicked on "Women's", then under "Activity", I chose running and there they were! This particular style is also made for a wide face. Perfect for me! I'm not a tiny-might so I appreciate that. The rims are a durable tortoise shell and even though the lenses are bronze, they do not make you think it's some weird color outside. I don't feel like they are too flimsy to run in either. I will run in them and wear them out and about too!
First run in my Maui Jim's!
I'm in LOVE!
Now for the real test...time to run in my Maui Jim's!

     I took my Maui Jim's out for the their first test run today! I got a cool 5 miles in and they were absolutely FABULOUS!!! I can honestly say that they did not slip once, were crystal clear and did not press into my temples. Great fit and I think they make me look pretty cool too. ;)

      Thank you Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series and Maui Jim for letting me try these out! I'm a new fan and am happy to be a member of the Maui Jim ohana! :)

**Make sure to stop in at the Health and Fitness Expo and say Hi to the folks at the Maui Jim if you will be attending one of the Rock 'n' Roll Series events!

Disclaimer: I am a blogger for Rock 'n' Roll Marathon series and was given a pair of Maui Jim Sunglasses of my choice to review and try out. All opinions are my own, however, I love these sunglasses so I'm giving them an extra dose of Bamagirlruns love. :)






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative information about super cool polarized sunglasses with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete