Tuesday, August 5, 2014

New Races Added To My Race Calendar! #stripatnight #runkeywest

     I've been working on the details of my 2014-2015 race calendar and I'm super excited to say that I will be adding two races that have been on my race bucket list for a while now! As I am training for Chicago Marathon and Dopey Challenge, I've got a ton of long runs to get in... I want bling if I'm going to be putting in all of those miles!

     Both of these races are brand new to me (which I love a new race) and I never thought in a million years that I would be crossing these races off of my list. I'm incredibly honored for the opportunity to be able to run in such awesome places!

     First, I will be joining forces again as a Rock 'n' Blogger with the great team over at the Rock 'n' Roll Series/Competitor Group and will be running the #StripAtNight! This will be my second Rock 'n' Roll event. I absolutely LOVED running Country Music Marathon in Nashville back in the spring so I knew it would definitely not be my last. I think I'm hooked. ;) 

     I've had my eye on Las Vegas for about seven years now and when they moved the race to be a night race a few years ago, I knew that this had to happen! I'm a night runner so this totally up my alley! I feel an Elvis costume coming on. Thank ya very much. ;) 

     Registration for this event is still open. Check out the deets here.

Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon & 1/2
November 14-16, 2014
     The next race that I will be adding to my calendar came as a TOTAL surprise to me Sunday night from the fabulous guys over at The Run Chat ! I'm running the Key West Half Marathon!! I knew that Runner's World Magazine had proclaimed this race to be one of the best and of course, I thought it was just out of my league. Much to my surprise, won an entry!!! 

I still cannot believe this!!!! OMG!!

Key West Half Marathon
January 18, 2015
     This course is BEAUTIFUL, the event shirts and medals are very unique and the race weekend is just perfect for me. I'm in love with this race already!!! 

     As it turns out, this race is the weekend after Dopey Challenge so I'm thinking I will just have to stay in Florida for another week. I'm not sure of all of the legistics just yet and haven't told my hubby either so I may have to surprise him with this trip...I'm thinking I might do that after he crosses the finish line of Chicago Marathon. :))) 

     I did hear that these room sell out fast so if anyone has any tips or suggestions for accommodations, I'd love to hear them. There are so many options and they all look excellent. This is going to be a hard decision! 

     So there ya have it. I'm so excited about these races that I can hardly stand it. Run chat will be giving away more entries to the Key West Half Marathon all month so be sure to tune in and try to snag one for yourself! And then come find me in gorgeous Key West!!! 

     I'm so grateful for these great opportunities and I cannot wait to share my experiences with everyone...Follow along as I'm sure I will be posting zillions of pics on Instagram. :) #BamagirlrunsLasVegas and #BamagirlrunsKeyWest 

Happy Running and Happy New Race Running! 

**Have you ran multiple races in a single race series??


No comments:

Post a Comment